It's not about me...

Today I was standing at the shuttle. It was raining. Everyone wanted on the shuttle, people were going to be late for their 8 o’clocks. Today I wasn’t late, I was meeting my engineers and it wasn’t a big deal if I got on the shuttle. Besides, I trying to remember that there are things I can control and things I can’t. I can’t control the timing of a shuttle, I don’t drive it, schedule it, I just ride it. The driver of the shuttle is awesome! If someone is running towards the bus, he doesn’t leave them. No one is going to die anyway.


I said to the lady next to me ‘this will be a test of character.’

As I suspected, people plowed to the shuttle, almost knocking others.

I thought of the scripture Phil 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Since I didn’t care if I rushed to the shuttle or to the building, I planned on staying back. Sure I wanted on the shuttle but I wasn’t going to knock anyone down about it.

Whenever I start to get a little self righteous or I start saying ‘mememememememememe!!!!!!’ I remember that scripture and remember, it’s not always about me, rarely is it ever.

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Ain't that the truth...its not about ME....:)