Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's not about me...

Today I was standing at the shuttle. It was raining. Everyone wanted on the shuttle, people were going to be late for their 8 o’clocks. Today I wasn’t late, I was meeting my engineers and it wasn’t a big deal if I got on the shuttle. Besides, I trying to remember that there are things I can control and things I can’t. I can’t control the timing of a shuttle, I don’t drive it, schedule it, I just ride it. The driver of the shuttle is awesome! If someone is running towards the bus, he doesn’t leave them. No one is going to die anyway.


I said to the lady next to me ‘this will be a test of character.’

As I suspected, people plowed to the shuttle, almost knocking others.

I thought of the scripture Phil 2:3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Since I didn’t care if I rushed to the shuttle or to the building, I planned on staying back. Sure I wanted on the shuttle but I wasn’t going to knock anyone down about it.

Whenever I start to get a little self righteous or I start saying ‘mememememememememe!!!!!!’ I remember that scripture and remember, it’s not always about me, rarely is it ever.

1 comment:

Jada's Gigi said...

Ain't that the truth...its not about ME....:)