Love is the answer

I don't like to give satan too much credit.  I don't like him, not one bit, but giving him credit when things go wrong gives him too much power. 
Do I think that people are sometimes under attack?  yes.  But I also know that we are responsible for our own actions. 
I often pray that satan be bound and God's plans be loose, but it is up to us to make good choices. he tries to prey on us when we are weak, but we are stronger than we think or believe.

We live by faith not by feelings. if you don't believe me, find it in the bible where it says we live by feelings.

My friend Sara once told me that if we live by emotions, we will be right 50% of the time, if we live by purpose, 98% of the time.  Or something like that.  I remember that when I have to make a decision.

I don't know if people think that I've had some perfect life and that things are easy for me, or that making good choices is easy for me.  It's not.  Not one bit  Every day it is about getting up, and surrendering my life to Him.  And making choices based on my faith not on my feelings.   It is not easy. 

My faith is based on Love.  A love that was so big that it could save my soul, it changed my destiny.

I believe that we can save the world, based on love alone.  Fighting doesn't work, I saw a church sign that said 'the world was never set on fire by a hot head'.  That stupid sign rocked my world. 

I had a pit in my stomach yesterday, because of the whole OBL 'thing'.  I thought about his eternity, I thought about how mine was changed, by Love.  I care about eternity.  Yours, mine, and others.  I am not always sure how to change the lives of others and their eternity, I just know that love is the answer, and it always wins.

I love this quote by MLK, Jr, I stole it from someone's fb post,

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that"

Be love.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Comments