Speak life!

I wish that I could put bubbles around them
I wish that I could build walls around their hearts with Buckingham Palace Guards with AK47s to protect them from being hurt.

I love all ‘my kids’ but I love the girls especially. I often can’t communicate the love for them that I have. I see these boys who I think want to do the right thing, but I also know that boys want to release their own desires, and in that release comes a wake of destruction that heads for the shore of those beautiful girl’s hearts.
I wish that those girls would see how beautiful they are, how God created them for greatness.  I wish that when they looked in the mirror they didn't see the flaws that the world has pointed out to them and they wouldn't try to compete to be better or they wouldn't give up because they think they will never be good enough.

They already are good enough, pretty enough.  They already are beautiful. They are God breathed.

I wish that someone would have loved me enough to say 'that boy is bad news' and tell me why.  Maybe I wouldn't have listened the first few times, but maybe I would have started to see that I was beautiful and that I shouldn't 'date down'.  maybe I would have believed that I deserved someone great, not someone who 'tries' but someone who acheives because they didn't 'try' for greatness, they 'strived' for it!

I finally learned that I just don't want something great, someone great, I learned that God has it all planned.  And that as I wait, He prepares both our hearts.  That I won't settle.  And I want that for my girls too, I want them to know that God gives us the desires of our heart, and then because He loves us, He fulfills them too.

I wish that I could protect each girl, I wish that I could love them enough to think before I speak and always speak in a language of love that they hear it instead of hurting them too.

Love is hard.  Espeically with a big mouth like mine...

But it always wins. 

Proverbs 18:21 The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

Comments