United

I was driving home from dropping off a ton of food at Mission when I was just blown away by the goodness of God, and how when the church truly works together we can bless each other like crazy!

Let me first tell you that I have had nor do I have any desire to go to Haiti, well, maybe for half a second then I was like ‘if I can’t bring a muffin (my term for cute little kids) home from there forget it’.  My awesome co-leader for the beautiful 10th grade girls asked if I would help her do the food for the Unite Road Rally fundraiser.  Of course, I said yes.
The joining of two ministries…
Unite
Alive Leaders
So the day is approaching, and I’ve got countless people praying for me, because let’s be honest I’m nuts and everyone knows it. 
My friend from a Presbyterian church in Livonia
Friend’s from Harvest church in Canton
MetroSouth
We are now at 5 connections (possibly more because who knows who else was praying!)

So I do the fundraiser and there are COUNTLESS raffle stuff… so really, who knows, right, so now we are probably up to 8 different ministries!  AT LEAST! The people who were there... amazing!

Then we had way too much food (this time, promise, it was not my fault, lots of peeps didn’t show up)

We gave out so much food to families who needed it, a Mission in LP, new mom ministry, just tons, and I’m thinking, all because a bunch of peeps said yes.

They said yes when God called.

Oh what it is to be obedient. What a blessing obedience it (though it doesn't always seem like it).

There is such a blessing when we serve others, when we see a need, whether it’s going to Haiti, whether it’s donating a gift certificate or time, in prayer, in boiling noodles, whatever it is.

And then I was thinking about the name of the college ministry, Unite.  
I think it’s not a coincidence. Thankful for all those who started, work in, support this ministry, this one day, your name, your mission, was fulfilled, I am so glad that my daughter will be part of this awesome ministry, that I was able, even for such a small amount, be a part of it.

Christ’s work, at Its finest moment.

United.


1 Cor 1:10  I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Comments