What does love look like?

I spent the morning a little sad, knowing that it was a glorious day and that I am blessed beyond belief!  It took me a minute or two to let go of sadness and REJOICE!!!  Sometimes that's why we fake it till we make it, if we count our blessings, eventually we might, even for a minute forget our burdens, and be thankful!

I got to thinking about what love looks like.  Sure sometimes it's fabulous romance, but sometimes it looks a lot different than that.  Sometimes it is chocolate covered strawberries in a ziploc bag, sometimes it's...

so today... this is what love looks like to me (these are gifts I've given or are going to give or received) today.


My mac and cheese not only tastes great... it sings to me as the noodles fill with cheese sauce <3

 Doesn't look like much... but that is 8 lbs of potatoes soon to be mashed potatoes
 Strawberry love on a plate Phyllis made me for Mother's Day years ago,
 I'm sure to be 80 and still serving on it.
 My dad came over to drill the hole for the internet in my new office (above and below)

 A small gift for someone
 HELLO!  Cupcakes!
 From my girl :)
I really wanted this!


People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

Comments

Deb said…
Happy Mother's Day Margie!!
...knowing that love will come back to you in a myriad of ways!
Trish said…
Happy Mother's Day Miss Margie...Yep, that Mac & Cheese looks like love to me!