By the grace of God go I!

I was totally shocked yesterday when after they read all the top ten’s parents info to find out that I was the only single mom. Now I know that there could have been divorced families but I was the ONLY single parent. I tell you the truth, I was shocked and pretty proud of what I have accomplished when I looked at that beautiful young woman up there! She works hard! She accomplishes much! And she loves Jesus!

But let me tell you this, I know that it is by the Grace of God that I go. I know that she is His love and grace made flesh in my life. I know that He was with us all along. I know that there were soooo many people in our lives that made this possible. And I was thinking ‘I could write a book’ and maybe I will, if only for me, and those 1000s of people who have affected our lives in a good (or not so good way – afterall, sometimes we learn who to be by NOT wanting to be some people). My dad has been amazing in my life, and my family, ohmyword. But I also know that I have had some pretty amazing bosses. Bosses who let her color at my desk because for whatever reason, I needed to work and I didn’t have anyone to watch her. I have been blessed to work for a great company that was God’s provision in paycheck and insurance. I have friends who I consider family who have cheered us on, prayed for us, and hugged us! There is a God in heaven who never stops blessing us!

I am proud of what I’ve accomplished, we’ve come a long way baby, and I can’t wait to see what’s next! But I’m gonna celebrate this for awhile!

1 Cor 15:10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me

Comments

Stacy said…
Congratulations to two amazing women!!! He has blessed you both with each other!! Phyllis has had an amazing mom as her mentor....and Phyllis has turned out to be an amazing woman herself!! God has great plans for her life, that's for sure!! So happy for you both! :)