Harvest!

I’m reading a book called ‘Compelled by love’ I’m only on like page 20 but it’s so inspiring! I could probably read a lot more pages if I didn’t stop to pray or think about the beautifully scripted words on the pages. Right now I’m reading about reaching the lost.

I was reading my brother Cecil’s posts this morning

Galatians 6:7
Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.

He often posts scriptures in the morning and I read them and often pray them all day long. Man, the word of God is inspiring. I have in my bathroom word art that says ‘don’t judge each day by the harvest that you reap but by the seeds that you plant’.

I think about how many people I have impacted in a good or a bad way. My hope is that I’ve done a better job at loving and that I keep loving more.

I was thinking about things that don’t seem like that big of a deal make a difference. This is such a small thing, I used to be on first five. Totally inspired by my friend Stacy. She was the best first fiver ever! When you walked through the doors of Metro, whether it was FRHS or ‘the building’ you knew that she was happy to see you. When I started first five, I wanted every single person who walked through the door to know ‘you are welcome here’ even ‘welcome home’. I really tried to greet each person with a smile, and often a hug. The Torres family was no different! I learned their names right away ‘Cecil, Cecil, Robin, Amber’. They mattered to me even though I had never met them before. I will tell you this, those 4 + their newest Eden, have come to mean so much to my heart.

I’m always amazed at the way God orchestrates things. How He puts people in our lives that bless us so! Yesterday I was in my garage setting up a couple tables or something, and just said ‘God I can’t thank You enough’. There are things in my life that He has orchestrated that I never saw, that I will never see. So thankful He is the Ultimate Conductor in my life!

Psalm 98:5 (msg) Round up an orchestra to play for God, Add on a hundred-voice choir

Comments