I want my life to count for love

Quite often I think about all the things I don't do, or will never do.


I'll probably never adopt a baby from Africa or any other country (but I'm a great Auntie)
I'll probably never be a pastor (though I can preach the gospel - in as few words as necessary)


I want my life to count for something.  I want to make a difference.  I want you to know that you are loved.  I work with teens and quite often, like adults, they make mistakes.  But they are usually a little less sly about keeping them under wraps than adults.  Adults have had years to be cunning, teens/college students, not so much.  


Recently I found out that a bunch of people wouldn't drink in front of me, or tried to hide it. I actually laughed out loud many times while thinking of this.  I wondered, is it fear or respect?  Do you think I don't or have never had a sip of alcohol.  Now, come on, have you never heard my testimony?  I would have a lot more respect for those who were hiding it if they just came forward (I already know who you are) and were honest.


Things like this don't make me love you less.  They don't make me love you more either.  I already love you. In all the days of my life, I want those around me to know I love you.  Doesn't mean that I won't be disappointed sometimes (I have high hopes for all those I love - you have much to achieve Jer 29:11), I just love you.  No matter what.


I hope at the end of the day, my life counts for love.


1 John 4:18-19 18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
 19 We love because he first loved us

Comments

"...but they are usually a little less sly about keeping them under wraps than adults. Adults have had years to be cunning..."

It's that the truth; we just cover up our fallen nature better ... that's when when in small groups or one-on-one relationships, the biggest bond is created when we are being authentic ... we so often love to cover our sins as if we are any better or worse than others ... in fact, the more I peel away and deal with some of my struggles, new ones surface ... and while it's those deeper struggles that change us more, they are sometimes the more darker ones that show whom we really are in our fallen state ...

I love your passion for the youth ... and for love in general ... if we have not love ...

Thanks for sharing.
Jada's Gigi said…
Great testimony, Margie! Love is always what counts!