In His image

Did you ever notice how people look down on each other?

At my job there are many different disciplines that go into what we do, how we launch a product. And quite frankly, it seems that people are always putting others down because they have the perception that someone’s job is not as important as theirs or not as hard.
I learned a long time ago , that every person is needed, that every job is needed.

Today I got a note from one of the Accounts Receivable peeps, they had checked on something for me, and I signed my email, ‘thanks I appreciate you and what you do’. I think by their response, they were taken by surprise. They are important, I truly do appreciate what they do, on the same hand, I appreciate the peeps I work with, I appreciate the peeps on my program, and I appreciate everyone who has something to do with the building.

Never look down on someone. Just because they may do a job that you may consider unskilled, don’t look down on them. Everyone is important. That guy that fills the supplies for your printer? Try running out and see how important he is then. How about the lady that cleans the bathroom? Who wants to go to a dirty bathroom? When I make desserts for my work peeps, I am intentional on asking them if they want one. They matter to me, not because of what they do, but because of who they are. They are loved by God and made in His image. They were made with skills (organizational, cleaning) for such a time as this. They are no more or less important than me or anyone else for that matter.

I’m thankful that God has opened my eyes to see things the way He sees them, not the way the world sees peeps.

“The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever— do not abandon the works of your hands.” Psalm 138:8 NIV

Comments