Phyllis graduates!

This is my baby’s last week of school before she graduates! I know I will cry because I am so proud not because she is graduating. It’s true what they say ‘they’ll always be your baby!’ She’ll always be my pean! She truly is God’s grace fulfilled in my life in a tangible way.
I did cry the day she finished Kindergarten, but never because I’m sorry to see my baby grow up, each age has had it’s benefits! There’s nothing like a hug from your two year old but there’s also nothing like a hug from your 17 year old when she comes home from Colombia and you find out that she told everyone ‘I get to hug my momma first, she’s MY mom’. There’s nothing like hearing her first words and there’s nothing like having a great conversation at Roma’s about whatever. There’s nothing like the conversations when they are little about what they want to be when they grow up and there is nothing like talking about the future and having no idea what she wants to do but to let herself be lead by God. There’s nothing like watching her learn to sew for the first time at Girl Scout Camp and having her come home with her homemade Prom dress that she invisioned and made come to life! There’s nothing like that can take away the memories or the love or knowing that she loves Jesus. There’s also nothing like looking back knowing that we didn’t get here by ourselves, there was a LOT of God’s grace, a lot of people loving us, praying for us, and cheering us along the way (and hugging us too)!
So as my baby graduates, my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude and love! And I can’t wait to head off to the next adventure!
Col 2:6-7 6 So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, 7 rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Comments