why I love...

Hurt.

Do you ever wonder why we do the things we do, only to be hurt? Or how about when we hurt someone unintentionally? And when I say ‘we’ I mean me.

I started to think about that after being hurt today. I was a little disappointed.

And so I started thinking… why do I love? Really? What’s the point?

Why do we love?

We love because He loved us first. I know people loved before Jesus came but since God created everything, we love because God loved us.

I read a quote today ‘If we really want to love we must learn how to forgive.’ ~Mother Teresa (timely I might add that I've never read that today... and needed it today)

So true. And I want to love and so I must forgive. It’s difficult because I thought that person loved me, truly, but their actions did not match their words. Disappointing. Hurtful. But I will forgive, but truly it is a reminder to me.

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth

Such a reminder to me today. Dear God, please let my words match the heart and the love You have for me. Let me truly love and forgive like You do.

Comments

I suppose if we couldn't feel hurt, we wouldn't be able feel other emotions as well ... perhaps it's our experiences of being hurt that help us define love ...

Sorry to hear your struggles sister. I won't pretend to understand as I know each battle we face is just that, a battle ... prayers that you'll feel Him deeply admits this.