Why I passed on ice cream...

Yesterday my name was on the board for a free Medium Ice cream sundae at a local Dairy Queen near my house. Let me tell you I was so excited to see my name that I almost drove off the road. True Story.


I had decided that I would go after I got done grocery shopping, I had also decided that I might just eat that for lunch instead of real food. True Story.

I love grocery shopping. I mean I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I was thinking about how much weight I had lost so far, last week -4.6, -11.6 total for 6 weeks. I think about this while grocery shopping because it helps me to stay on track.

I have PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I am on 3 different meds to get rid of it. FOR GOOD. A big part of PCOS has to do with insulin production, and I am on Metphormin that is a treatment for Diabetes. I hate being on meds, but I also hate feeling like crap more. Another thing I am on is Adipex. This one I really hate. It makes me hyper and increases the rate of my heart. It is indeed a ‘diet pill’. I didn’t want to go on it, and I take half the prescribed dose because the doc did say that one full pill might be too much.

Anyway back to the ice cream. I decided that I want to get healthy. And we did have Roma’s the night before. And so I decided that I did not need the ice cream. I want to be healthy, I was thinking about how I want to live a long healthy life. In church on Sunday, Phyllis put her head on my shoulder as we were listening to the pastor teach. And as I thought about that ice cream, I thought, I’d like to have my granddaughter do that while we are sitting in church. It might mean that I will have to pass on ice cream sometimes, but I think it will be worth it.
On my mom's side...  my grandma never met me, my mom never met Phyllis... I'd like to break that cycle.

Comments