Being who I am, striving to be God's best

Today I heard a very good sermon on marriage.  While I will admit, when I found out it was on marriage, I simply looked up, choking back some tears and said 'really God?'.  Like I need one more reminder that I am sad that I am not married, one more reminder that I am lonely.  Yikes.  But in typical fashion, I said 'speak, I'm listening'. (it was a great sermon)

I have been praying for a lot of marriages in the last couple weeks.  I think about my own husband.  The one that I dream about.  Ya'll know he has to be strong, or I will run right over him.  I know that God has got him all picked out, just waiting... I don't know what the heck He's waiting for, but until then, I will continue to grow so that I can be 'God's best' for him.

The problem is that I don't know what that is.  And it's overwhelming to think about all the things I need to change about myself that keep me from being God's best.  But I think that no one takes one step (no matter how big that step is) and finishes a marathon.  It's a lot of steps, it's a lot of steps and practice, and preparing.  And so I will keep taking that step forward trying to avoid potholes, blisters, and twisted ankles that cause me to face plant.

 I just strive to do the right thing, stay on the right path, knowing that it will lead me to where/who I am supposed to be.

Comments