Echoes of my heart

My friend Kelly wrote a post about all the things she loves in summer (at least that's how I took it) and it got me thinking about our Detroit Mission Trips.  This year our church is doing something different and joining a group of students! MAN, LIVING OUT HIS WORD!!  FABULOUS!  John 17:21!!!!

I laughed to myself about how many times I hear my name on the mission trips.  Literally, I know where everything is, where everyone is supposed to be, and so guess what?  I'm the point of contact...  And part of me (most of me!) loves it!  and sometimes it drives me completely crazy!  By Thursday if you say my name while I am in thought you might get a "WHAT!?!" and I hate that. 

And by Saturday, I am missing each beautiful face, the sounds of their laughter, and even the sounds of their whining :)  Even still, I can hear their voices echoing in my heart, "I love you Margie" "Thank you for making us such good food" and truth be told, they are VERY spoiled when it comes to food.  I think they may be a little surprised this year.  LOL.  I am sure that it will be great, but it won't be mine.  For breakfast they had their choice of at least 10 different kinds of cereal, you name it, it was probably there.  Fruit (usually watermelon), 2 kinds of juice, milk (regular and soy!). For lunch... in each cooler:  PB&J (strawberry and grape!), salami, ham, turkey, cheese, bread (usually wheat because it holds up better in transit), fruit (peaches, apples, bananas, oranges), fruit snacks, cookies, chips, and water.  And sometimes even candy!  Dinner:  Mostocolli, chicken, mac&cheese, Tacos, ice box round up (leftovers), and pizza the last night (I'm not wonderwoman you know, pizza is easy!), and pop, lemonade or fruit punch.  Every night, dessert, and when they came in from the field, veggies and dip, watermelon...  it was so my pleasure to serve them.  by the end of the trip, I'm tired.  But I love it!  Occasionally I lose my mind and am thankful for grace!  But I miss them.  This year I don't have enough time to go, but I will stop up there and see them! Maybe I'll even drop off 500 ice cream sandwiches or something!  who knows!

My heart echoes with the love that God has sung to me!

Comments