Preparing

I’m often surprised.  You’d think that being old would take the surprise out of things.  Unfortunately, I’m not always surprised in a good way.  Yesterday was one of those days.  And let me just also admit, that I have no idea where I belong.  It’s a tough thing to follow God’s direction of ‘Be still and know I am God’.

Yesterday I walked into a room and was greeted with a bunch of things that made me believe that I wasn’t wanted there.  Unfortunately for the people who didn’t want me there, there was three people who did, and since one of the people was the guest of honor, I just walked out, cried, and walked back in. And smiled.  I guess you can’t be loved by everyone. 

I am going on a mission trip, 2011 (hopefully), 2012, 2013.  I know that I am not completely prepared to go.  So during this week of prayer time, I asked God to point out the things that make His heart break so that I can be more like Him. I think yesterday was one of those moments.  I think that God hates when we say mean things to each other in a ‘joking’ way.  I think that when we hurt others our response should not be ‘I was only joking’ (which by the way, I didn’t even get that) or ‘well, it didn’t hurt someone else’s feelings’.  It’s not funny if it hurts others.  In case you need help in this area, the proper response is “I’m sorry”

It often comes down to something as simple as this:

Hurting people hurt people

Praying for those who hurt me so that they will have healing so they don’t hurt.

Romans 14:19 (asv) So then we pursue the things which make for peace and the building up of one another


Comments