putting down my rocks


I started thinking about this whole Casey Anthony thing, I must confess that up until today, I didn’t know anything about it.  Yes, that’s right, my head is in my belly button when it comes to these things.  And quite frankly, it’s none of my business.

But things like this, they make me think.

If someone stole my car, I’d be OUTRAGED!  However, if I ‘upgraded’ my seat at the Fisher Theater or a Tiger game, I’d quickly justify it by saying ‘no one was using it’.  The person who took my car could say the same thing.

If I am so angry that I say “I hope you die a long and slow painful death” and they do, was I not the one who commanded/asked for the death?  Even if they die from a serious disease years later?

How about when we get a speeding ticket (because we were) and we go to court, and if the police officer doesn’t show up, we are found not guilty?  Are we outraged by that innocent verdict?  Nope, we say ‘thank God for His grace and mercy’. 

I could go on and on about the things I’ve done and try to justify them.  I won’t.  And let me tell you, those who think I’m this great mom, it’s because of God’s grace, because I’ve made a big fat mess of my life. 

This kind of stuff makes me thing…  if I am truly outraged by an injustice shouldn’t my time, my money be invested to stop it?

I’m mad at the government?  Did I vote? Did I vote ‘for the lesser or two evils’?  Well let me tell you this, while I really don’t like when my church brings in political candidates because truly I don’t like politics, I know that my Pastor, the leader of my church says “I do care about this, I care about what happens to people, justice is important, and I want the people who believe the same things as me to get voted in” it is because he is doing something about the injustice of government.  I’m not saying that I don’t vote or select each canidate carefully, I’m just saying, I hope you’re doing something. 

I hate that I have to pay for welfare? Am I doing something about it?  Maybe I can’t do anything about the current people on welfare but we can do something about future generations, am I volunteering to tutor?  Am I reading to children? Am I helping young girls and young men find their worth and their value.

Tired of drug addicts and alcoholics and all that comes along with it?  Well what about volunteering or sending my money to places like Grace Centers of Hope where they know that Christ is the center of healing and hope.  I think about Pastor Clark & Mrs. Pam Clark (I think she’s actually a doctor), they have invested their lives in those who need Christ.    I’m sure that there are times when grace is hard to give, or when it’s tiring, but when you meet them, His light shines through them.  They saw a problem, and they sent Hope to take care of it.

Too many kids in foster care?  Who is going to take care of them?  Take one in, invest my life into them.  Or become a big sister.

Don’t like the millions of children in poverty around the world?  I could sponsor a child, get involved with organizations like Asha house, or Little Dresses for Africa, heck, go adopt a child.

This is what I’m finding out about myself, the closer I get to Jesus, the more I want to be like Him. The more I want to serve Him and others. How can I say “I can’t believe that student doesn’t go on the mission trip because they don’t have money because they waste it on slurpees and Applebees or Taco Bell” when I go out to Panera and I don’t have the money to invest in them either. 

I know that I can’t do everything. But we can all do something!

I hate sin. I do, I hate it in my life, I hate it in yours. But I know that without Jesus, I’d be sunk… you might have a clue where I’ve been… but you probably have no idea…

I am very thankful that I do not get what I deserve! This has made me think about things that I need to ask forgiveness for, and things I am forgiven of, and just need to let go!

Be the change you want to see in the world ~Ghandi

John 8:7 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”

Comments