Thankful for the power outage

I came home Saturday night to no power.  Oh boy.  It always makes my heart sink because usually the peeps across the street (who are on a different transformer than me) have power.  Extremely frustrating I tell you.  I honestly didn't even notice if they had power or not but I don't think they did because I'm usually annoyed.


My house never got really hot, I didn't have to sleep in the basement (though I wouldn't because there are creepy crawlies down there - gross!) so I slept 'ok' not as comfortable as usual but not too bad.  I woke up... hoping there would be power... nope.  Well, I got ready, put my hair in a ponytail, and I was off to breakfast that someone else made :) and then came home, stripped the sheets off the bed, and everytime I would think of something to do, I'd stop myself half way through the sentence and end it with 'oh'.  


Off to church I went and because I really had no sense of time it was, I was a half hour early. 


All week I had been praying for marriages, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  So I continued on with that before church, and I started praying for my husband (you know that one that I don't have) and I started asking God for qualities that I think as fabulous in other women's husbands, please note, I don't want anyone else's husband, God already has mine picked out, He just hasn't unveiled it yet.  I started a blog post in my head (will post tomorrow) about my future husband and his attributes but I couldn't post it, well because the power was out...  so I wrote it out.  And it made me think (and pray) more about it, how I really appreciated the husbands (of my friends) that are in my life and what great examples they are and how I should never settle for less than God's best for me, it also made me thankful for the examples they are to my own daughter.  Well because I was a half hour early for church, I had a chance to write that blog out the old fashioned way. Also gave me a chance to catch up with some beauties!


Not long after I got home I took Patricia (the Corolla) for some repairs and then... right about when it was nappy time, power came on!  Praise God!  I am very spoiled you know!  When I went into the fridge, it was still cold, and we didn't lose ANYTHING! What a relief!


I was happy to do all the things I take for granted because of electricity, I even went to see a movie.  Just kind of soaked in the day.  A very good day.  


Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  

Comments