Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, July 04, 2011

Thankful for the power outage

I came home Saturday night to no power.  Oh boy.  It always makes my heart sink because usually the peeps across the street (who are on a different transformer than me) have power.  Extremely frustrating I tell you.  I honestly didn't even notice if they had power or not but I don't think they did because I'm usually annoyed.


My house never got really hot, I didn't have to sleep in the basement (though I wouldn't because there are creepy crawlies down there - gross!) so I slept 'ok' not as comfortable as usual but not too bad.  I woke up... hoping there would be power... nope.  Well, I got ready, put my hair in a ponytail, and I was off to breakfast that someone else made :) and then came home, stripped the sheets off the bed, and everytime I would think of something to do, I'd stop myself half way through the sentence and end it with 'oh'.  


Off to church I went and because I really had no sense of time it was, I was a half hour early. 


All week I had been praying for marriages, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  So I continued on with that before church, and I started praying for my husband (you know that one that I don't have) and I started asking God for qualities that I think as fabulous in other women's husbands, please note, I don't want anyone else's husband, God already has mine picked out, He just hasn't unveiled it yet.  I started a blog post in my head (will post tomorrow) about my future husband and his attributes but I couldn't post it, well because the power was out...  so I wrote it out.  And it made me think (and pray) more about it, how I really appreciated the husbands (of my friends) that are in my life and what great examples they are and how I should never settle for less than God's best for me, it also made me thankful for the examples they are to my own daughter.  Well because I was a half hour early for church, I had a chance to write that blog out the old fashioned way. Also gave me a chance to catch up with some beauties!


Not long after I got home I took Patricia (the Corolla) for some repairs and then... right about when it was nappy time, power came on!  Praise God!  I am very spoiled you know!  When I went into the fridge, it was still cold, and we didn't lose ANYTHING! What a relief!


I was happy to do all the things I take for granted because of electricity, I even went to see a movie.  Just kind of soaked in the day.  A very good day.  


Psalm 118:24 This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  

No comments: