Where I'm going...

This weekend there were a lot of great sales on Barnes&Noble and Amazon for e-books for a lot of Christian writers. I had some books on my wish list, and one of them was ‘The True Identity Bible’. I could not justify spending $20 on it when I already had 4 different versions but it went on sale for $2.99 so of course… I had to have it… along with 12 other books or so… LOL! Good thing they were all $2.99 or less! Also, I’ve been waiting the book by Ree Drummond The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story, it however, was NOT part of the sale, but I’ve wanted to read it and I’m going on vacation in a couple of weeks, I’ve got enough books to go on vacation for months! LOL
I was talking with a woman who has a kindle. She said she has some Christian books but she also has her ‘fun’ books (smutty romance novels). She asked me if I had any… I don’t know if she wanted to borrow them or what, I said ‘no’. (I didn’t say this but I thought it) I don’t waste my time with things that don’t make me Kingdom bound as far as books go I barely have time to read, so I have to make it count! I’ve actually started this in all my life. I was convicted a month or so ago about how much TV I watch but fell behind in my bible reading (I'm caught up now). I thought ‘I find time to sit and watch TV, why can’t I sit and read?” Oh boy. Let me say this, I am not judging her or you if she/you likes smutty romance (fun) books, but I know FOR ME I need to be more intentional in the way I live so that I can be intentional in the way I love, and my direction comes from Perfect Love.
Another example is that I spend WAY too much money on groceries. Feeling convicted about this, I decided that I was going to make dinner (bring my lunch) this week with stuff that we already have in the cupboards, freezer, and fridge. And I could have. HOWEVER, being the complete idiot that I am, went to the grocery store for 7 or 8 things that I needed to serve at BH and things that Phyllis wanted (bagels, soy milk) and spent $120! For crying outloud, I even had a list… but as I was shopping I thought ‘oh, you need stuff for ice cream cake for the b-day Friday) and… oh geez… I need to cut back on our expenses because...
I want to go on a mission trip in December with Phyllis, you’ll never believe where… Haiti. Yes, I know, I think that God has the most amazing sense of humor. When I made the decision that I wanted to go anywhere (but there and a few other places) God must have said ‘wait, I want to see how much you really are willing to submit to Me, because I’m sending you to Haiti’. Now I am not even gonna try to guess what God thinks or says, but I do know that He must have a sense of humor. So hopefully there is an organization going over the Christmas break :) Who knows where I will end up!
I know that living my own way has gotten me into nothing but a ‘heap of trouble’ (quoted from my gram) and living a life devoted to Jesus is so much better.
Also know… I know that I am far from perfect… nails, I do still watch TV, I have tons of movies (though I do consider whether I would be embarrassed if my pastor saw me walking out of a movie before I rent/buy/go). I also drive a gas guzzling vehicle, eat out way too much… but I am a work in progress. There is a quote by Joyce Meyer that goes something like: ‘I may not be who I want to be, but I’m not who I used to be!’
Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

A couple great quotes from Joyce Meyer
"Everytime you feed the flesh, you strenghten it. This is good if you are trying to build a good habit, but detrimental if you are trying to stop a bad habit. The way to "kill the flesh" is to starve it; to stop feeding it."
— Joyce Meyer

"If you are accused of being a Christian, there should be enough evidence to convict you."
— Joyce Meyer

Comments