Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Monday, July 25, 2011

Where I'm going...

This weekend there were a lot of great sales on Barnes&Noble and Amazon for e-books for a lot of Christian writers. I had some books on my wish list, and one of them was ‘The True Identity Bible’. I could not justify spending $20 on it when I already had 4 different versions but it went on sale for $2.99 so of course… I had to have it… along with 12 other books or so… LOL! Good thing they were all $2.99 or less! Also, I’ve been waiting the book by Ree Drummond The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story, it however, was NOT part of the sale, but I’ve wanted to read it and I’m going on vacation in a couple of weeks, I’ve got enough books to go on vacation for months! LOL
I was talking with a woman who has a kindle. She said she has some Christian books but she also has her ‘fun’ books (smutty romance novels). She asked me if I had any… I don’t know if she wanted to borrow them or what, I said ‘no’. (I didn’t say this but I thought it) I don’t waste my time with things that don’t make me Kingdom bound as far as books go I barely have time to read, so I have to make it count! I’ve actually started this in all my life. I was convicted a month or so ago about how much TV I watch but fell behind in my bible reading (I'm caught up now). I thought ‘I find time to sit and watch TV, why can’t I sit and read?” Oh boy. Let me say this, I am not judging her or you if she/you likes smutty romance (fun) books, but I know FOR ME I need to be more intentional in the way I live so that I can be intentional in the way I love, and my direction comes from Perfect Love.
Another example is that I spend WAY too much money on groceries. Feeling convicted about this, I decided that I was going to make dinner (bring my lunch) this week with stuff that we already have in the cupboards, freezer, and fridge. And I could have. HOWEVER, being the complete idiot that I am, went to the grocery store for 7 or 8 things that I needed to serve at BH and things that Phyllis wanted (bagels, soy milk) and spent $120! For crying outloud, I even had a list… but as I was shopping I thought ‘oh, you need stuff for ice cream cake for the b-day Friday) and… oh geez… I need to cut back on our expenses because...
I want to go on a mission trip in December with Phyllis, you’ll never believe where… Haiti. Yes, I know, I think that God has the most amazing sense of humor. When I made the decision that I wanted to go anywhere (but there and a few other places) God must have said ‘wait, I want to see how much you really are willing to submit to Me, because I’m sending you to Haiti’. Now I am not even gonna try to guess what God thinks or says, but I do know that He must have a sense of humor. So hopefully there is an organization going over the Christmas break :) Who knows where I will end up!
I know that living my own way has gotten me into nothing but a ‘heap of trouble’ (quoted from my gram) and living a life devoted to Jesus is so much better.
Also know… I know that I am far from perfect… nails, I do still watch TV, I have tons of movies (though I do consider whether I would be embarrassed if my pastor saw me walking out of a movie before I rent/buy/go). I also drive a gas guzzling vehicle, eat out way too much… but I am a work in progress. There is a quote by Joyce Meyer that goes something like: ‘I may not be who I want to be, but I’m not who I used to be!’
Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

A couple great quotes from Joyce Meyer
"Everytime you feed the flesh, you strenghten it. This is good if you are trying to build a good habit, but detrimental if you are trying to stop a bad habit. The way to "kill the flesh" is to starve it; to stop feeding it."
— Joyce Meyer

"If you are accused of being a Christian, there should be enough evidence to convict you."
— Joyce Meyer

No comments: