Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, July 07, 2011

Where you see the need for change, make it

My friend Netta always thanks me when I say I want to see her, and we actually make a date.  That's not to say that we don't ever cancel or have to postpone, and sometimes I send her a text at the last minute and say 'I have this time open do you?' and I never am upset if she says no, but often our crazy and very different schedules are open at the same time.  We often do something 'out' usually end up at a favorite resturaunt and chat and chat (and chat) encourage each other and just love on each other and share our lives, it's amazing.

I always kind of chuckle to myself because really, I feel like I am so blessed by her, that it really is my pleasure!

I also have another friend that if there are 5 Sundays in a month, we meet for lunch, breakfast, or dinner.  Maybe you think "that's only 3 or 4 times a year".  You're right, it is, but that's more than I would have probably made plans if we didn't chose that silly date :)

I tell you these little things about me because I noticed that people used to say to me (and still do) 'I miss you, we need to get together' but they never made any effort to pick a date (even if it's a month out) to come over or invite me over and before you know it, 2 or 5 years (not months) have gone by and we are saying the same thing again. 

I will tell you, that I don't like that.  I saw the need for change, and I made it.

I really have been trying to make an effort to see people I love, even if I don't think they make much of an effort to see me.  I say "let's pick a date even if it's two months out, the date will be here before we know it" and it is.  I am not going to lie, sometimes it hurts my feelings that I'm the one who makes the effort to call or send a note to pick a date to see them, and maybe I'm not as an important person to them, as they are to me, or maybe it's just that they don't need to because I already pick the date.  Or maybe it's just that they never realized that time goes by so fast and it doesn't bug them.  I don't know.  It doesn't matter. They are important to me and so I make the effort.  I give the options of dates, options for things to do (Zoo, eat, cook dinner, or something I know that interests them that they wouldn't normally do because no one else in their lives is interested in that). 

They are important to me.  That's the bottom line.

I am encouraged by people who I love and love me.  I love pouring my life into others and have them do that same.  Next time you say you miss me, and I say "I haven't moved, come over" I'm not just saying it, come over, I am whip up a meal or we can go for a walk or go to the zoo (It's free! I have a supporter pass so I can take two adults + kids in addition to Phyllis and I) or whatever.  Pick a date, even if it's two months out, it will be here before we know it!

I love you, and you're important to me.

May you live all the days of your life. ~Jonathon Swift

2 comments:

Netta said...

True. We just have to make/schedule time for the people that are important! And i LOVE our times together!

Jada's Gigi said...

a girl after my own heart! I always tell my kids..."you have to DO stuff". Stop talking about it and Do IT! :)