Friday, August 26, 2011
Book Review: The Art of Racing in the Rain
1. What am I? not a racing fan for sure, watching someone go around a track in a very loud car, surrounded by loud cars is not at all appealing.
2. I don’t even really like dogs.
SO this could have gone wrong, very wrong, though I did tell my friend that if I hated it, I would send him a bill for $10 for the cost of my e-book. So truly, what did I have to lose? And he said it was a quick read.
I LOVED THIS BOOK! I mean, I really loved it. I stayed up late, twice, because I couldn’t put it down. When I finally put it down, I wanted to pick it back up, but the book was finished.
A lot happens in this 250 page e-book. I laughed out loud, gained perspective, and cried, and smiled.
Even though this book is fiction, there actually is some wisdom gained in this. I can’t go into too many details about the book, because I’ll give it away.
1. Things aren’t always what they seem. When you read about the chicken nuggets, you will understand what I mean.
2. Don’t give up early on, races aren’t won in the first corner. So don’t give up if things aren’t going how you think they should or you aren’t winning.
3. Your car goes where your eyes go. This was kind of cool for me because sometimes we have to keep our eyes on where we need to be, not necessarily where we think we are going.
All I can say, is read this book. I won’t give you your money back if you hate it, but I bet you won’t. I might even read it again.
Also... another reason why I love my Nook... I had the book within 10 minutes of ordering it (from my bed) and could read right aways!
Here are the links to Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Remember, if you're friends with me, I can lend you the book if you have a Nook!
And once again, my friend did not disappoint. Gracias Amigo!