EVERY opportunity

I don’t make the most of every opportunity. I don’t. A lot of people will say that I love more/bigger than most. But I don’t make the most of EVERY opportunity set before me. And that makes me sick to my stomach.


I don’t carry granola bars in my purse for people who are homeless.

I don’t always make a meal for people who need it. Making the meal part isn’t hard, it’s actually getting it to them that is difficult. And why can’t I be brave and ask someone to partner with me??

I don’t always call or send cards.

I don’t buy flowers for people who love them.

I don’t listen as well as I should.

I don’t always make/drop off banana bread to my neighbor that I know loves it.

I don’t always remember to buy birthday presents.

I don’t invite people to the DIA and the zoo like I should (I have passes)

I don’t support as many causes for Christ as I could.

I don’t always forgive.

I am not slow to speak and slow to anger and quick to listen.

When I just don’t love because I’m hurting.

I don’t… I could go over so many times in my head when I don’t or haven’t.

Go ahead and tell me that’s normal. Well, please don’t. I don’t want to be normal. I want when you look at me that you say “she’s not normal” sure, I hurt just like everyone else, I get sad, and mad, and frustrated, but I want to look different. I want my first reaction to always be to love. Sometimes that means that I love in quiet and prayer. I want the world to look at me and know there is something different. I don’t want to be weird or a nerd or whatever. I want to just be Love.

I want to make the most of every opportunity set before me to love. I don’t want one minute to pass by that I forget to live Phil 2:1-4


1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2 then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

I want to live a life like Jesus, but if I fall short which I will, I want to live a life like Paul. One fully surrendered to Christ. To know what it is to want, but to know what no matter what I want that nothing is greater than wanting to know and live for Christ and see others come to know Him too. To live a life that produces the Fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23).


love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control


That when people need a safe place to be loved, that it is my home that they come to, that it is my arms that they find love when they need comforted because my life looks so much like Jesus, I get lost.

Do I realize that people will think I’m nuts when they read this, good. I want to look different. And I will pray that you look different too.  And if you are reading this, and I've let you down, I'm sorry.

Col 4:2-6


2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Comments