Hello Paradise!

I live a pretty busy life, always on the go, never really sitting down for meals, eating in my car (gasp), realizing at the most inopportune moments that I need gas. Realizing that one ingredient I need for dinner is missing or I find out just as I’m about to make homemade salsa that the cilantro is gross because I forget to put it in a ‘green’ bag so then that’s that… I can tell you all the things that I do, however I won’t bore you, and I won’t tell you all the things I mess up all the time (yucky cilantro is the least of my worries some days). I keep going and going trying my best to keep things going the best I can, trying to remember all time that God really does have control over everything.


We are in Traverse City for a couple days. We came up yesterday so we could really have two full days of vacation (we leave Tuesday).

This morning I got up at 7, though I wanted to go at 6:30 but couldn’t get moving until 7. SHeesh, it is vacation afterall. I wanted to get a run in before the day started. So I did, I mapped out my route of 2.81 miles and ran it in 33ish minutes, tomorrow, I’m going for 4 miles. I got in the shower… ate breakfast… read my devotionals, we went to the store to get a few things and somehow it was 12:30…

Knowing that I was going on vacation I saved a book to read Pioneer Woman because she is after all Pat’s bff, & my new favorite place to find recipes. Stacy also said it was a good read. I think today while reading it under a tree laid out on towel listening to the water hit the shore behind me, I think I had embarked on paradise. I looked up from reading to a blue sky and a perfectly green tree and thought it might not get much better than this. I know that for some being on the water would mean wake boarding and surfing, but this woman needed a little decompression. I’ve read 133 pages out of 308 today, I am sure it will be done by mid-afternoon tomorrow.

Hello from Traverse City! Enjoy your next couple days, I know I will!

Comments

Trish said…
Love Traverse City! Find the Traverse City Pie Company and buy yourself, one of their scrumptious pies! Then your Paradise will be complete. Lol.
Enjoy your time away!!!
Trish said…
Sorry, it's the Grand Traverse Pie Company! Locations...
Traverse City
525 West Front Street
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
231-922-7437
lucy@gtpie.com

Traverse City
101 N. Park Street
Traverse City, Michigan 49684
231-933-3972