muffins

Today I took two of my favorite muffins for a little while (I'll have to wait to post the pics because the cord is at work :/).  Their mommy and daddy probably think I did it to help them, ok, I did, but truly it was my pleasure.

You see, God does some pretty crazy things in our hearts.  I mean, just by rescuing me from my own personal hell that I lived every day would have been enough, and besides that, I have an amazing eternity, and because of all that, I met these two incredible people that I get to live a life of love and friendship with.  AND THEN as if that wasn't enough, God told them they had to go pick up their two children in Africa (and you thought labor was difficult) and from the moment I knew of the plan, I prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed. I prayed for these little boys and their mommies in Africa and their mommy and daddy here, and with every moment that my heart was connected to God praying for them, it grew more in love with them.

The moment I saw their cute faces, their sweet feet, oh, I was hooked.

And then when I got to hold them.  And hug them.  and smooch on them.  I can't even help it, sometimes I'm just holding them and I can't help but give them a smooch.  And maybe some people might think I shouldn't hold them so much or pick them up whenever they ask but I don't care, I'm their Auntie, the world will tell them a bunch of things, I will love them.  In holding, and smooches, in ice cream and mac&cheese.  In blueberries and waffles, in hugs and splashes in the pool.

I find it hard to express how much I love them, but they know.

I can't imagine my life without them. <3

Comments