Release

Not sure how much sense any of this is going to make... but I need to write...


There are times when I feel like I just might explode.  God gave us an amazing fight or flight reflex but that’s not always realistic.  The best choice is not always to punch someone or run.  And my other option is to cry.  Not always a good option either.

Knowing that I feel this way (all bottled up) makes me nervous.  Because I feel like a champagne bottle ready to blow it’s cork. There were a lot of different ways in the past I would blow off steam, or find a release.  None of which is really all that great of an option now. 

And for me knowing that something great may be just around the corner, makes me always remember not to blow it.  Stay on track.  Pastor J once gave a sermon ‘success=doing the right things/long periods of time’.  Well sometimes when it seems like you’ve been doing the right things long enough, you just want to maybe not do the right things, it doesn’t seem to be getting you anywhere.  Just wait. 

I’m glad that I know the word of God, that it is etched in my heart. When things get tough or I can’t seem to see the light, I hear The Truth and I can keep going.  I also am thankful for things that I really do love to do, like running. It’s a healthy release. 

It is important to recognize how we feel. It is important to know how to deal with how we feel.  And most importantly, when things get crazy, and we don’t know what to do…  turn to God. 

Healthy Release.

This could also mean that I may be running forever the way I feel right now.

Romans 12:9 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

P.S.  I’m a mess

Comments