God's best

My friend Sara sent out a call (email) because people she knows need something as basic as shoes.  So of course, I sent out emails to collect shoes from peeps I know too!  That's what we do as a family, we see a need, we do everything we can to fill it.

I unfortunately don't have very many practical shoes (my grandmother hated this about me) because I am the lover of cute shoes!  I don't have a TON of shoes, but I love me some cute shoes. (don't judge me)

I was going to give up my winter boots with the thought that I would just buy myself a new pair.  The spirit spoke pretty strongly to me, BUY shoes don't just give up yours, they deserve the best too. 

I held true that when I got paid I would buy them shoes.  I did, indeed, first chance I got, order shoes from Payless.com for them.  I also was blessed to find a 20% off coupon on line that expired today, which meant that I got to buy an additional pair of shoes for someone who needs it.  (the payless code is 42573) should you be inclined to do the same.  Let me know if you need the address and the ATTN to and I will email it to you.  I was able to buy 8 pairs of shoes for $101!  

I really feel like the people who need the shoes deserve new shoes, I don't know why, but I do.  I feel like of course, my used shoes would be better than NO shoes, but sometimes there is nothing like slipping on a new pair of shoes.  BRAND NEW. They are created in God's image just like me, in all His beauty.

I don't tell you all of this because of what 'I' did. I tell you this because I think we are all called to do 'something' today, this is my 'something'.

Do 'something' today.

Gal 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Comments