I remember...

I remember that the first person to tell me about the first of the twin towers going down was Lynne.  I remember not even thinking it was a big deal. I know that is terrible, but sometimes, especially at that moment, it didn't affect me.  And then #2, then all the other stuff.  They sent us home.

I was scheduled to go on vacation just 6 days later (9-17-01) for our trip to Disney.  It was a vacation that we had planned for a long time.  We got to the airport 3 hours early I think, and we waited and waited and waited!

People thought we were nuts for going on vacation, and I would say 'fear doesn't rule us' which is kind of funny because I am one of the most worrisome people I know.

I remember that we had one of the best vacations in our lives while so many were surrounded by tragedy. I remember feeling such a loss and pain for others, but life does go on.

It's 10 years later, and being more grown up I guess, I realize what a tragedy this was.  I think about how many lives have been lost because of hate.  No matter where that hate comes from, twin towers, war, gangs, home violence.  It's a shame.

We can only win if love wins!  And Love is winning!

We love because He loved us first.  1 John 4:18

Comments