Give Thanks!

I hate change. Even change I decide. It used to take me months to get used to a change, then it’s almost time for the next change once I get ‘settled’. Thankfully I have ‘improved’ it takes me a couple days now. I am striving for the moment change happens to just embrace it without waiting.


This cast thing is only temporary but it has been quite a change from my very independent life. I have to ask for help. I don’t really like it. But I’m getting used to it.

I had a friend who had a more permenant thing happen to her and every time I talked to her, all she did was complain about how no one ever did anything for her. And it kind of upset me because I knew people were doing things for her, I knew I was doing things for her and she was never satisfied or grateful. I remember thinking, 'I never want to be like that’. She started playing games like blocking people on facebook (me being one of them) so I deleted her off my facebook. I must tell you this, I have only deleted 2 people total off my facebook. That being said, I want to find joy in all circumstances, and I know that God will continue to teach me a lesson until I learn it, if the lesson is joy, I want to learn it, if the lesson is to become humble, I want to learn it, if the lesson is to love bigger during/after this little adventure, I want to learn it. You get my point. I want to trust the lessons God is teaching me that He will make me more and more like Him, I want to strive for that!

I woke up this morning thankful. No migraine (had one yesterday and it was a bad one)! I had a new sweater and shirt to wear (gray to match my crutches and my tennis shoes)! My capri’s fit over my cast! I put dinner in the crockpot, Stevie Wonder was on the radio this morning! A beautiful daughter, fabulous friends, a van, a handicapped tag, iced tea, nieces and nephews born of love into my family, I think a gift for my stepmom (that’s hard!), sale on the sewing table Phyllis wants – it’s half off and I have an additional 10% coupon, a home, a great job, it didn’t rain, medical coverage, a God in heaven who loves me! I have a ton to be thankful for!

In the midst of your crazy life, what are you thankful for? Tell me about it!

Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we[a] have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we[b] boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we[c] also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Comments

Deb said…
My very first thought was..."oh my gosh, capris?"
My second thought was..."oh that's right, she lives in Michigan!"
My third thought....you have inspired me to be thankful in all things. :)