Thankful giving

“I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.”

~Mother Teresa

I woke up this morning singing the meme song. Wondering why people haven’t ______. I wondered why the people I cooked for almost every Sunday haven’t noticed that I haven’t cooked for them in weeks and haven’t called or facebooked to see if I need any help. It would be great to have one of them help me make dinner for the rest of them. I could spend time with them, cook, and feed others! What a blessing that would be! It really is ok though, I'm over feeling hurt :)

Yesterday I was praying yesterday for a giving heart, one that gave so much that people took it for granted and that I rejoiced in being taken for granted! (which had my heart stirring since I read this) Then today I woke up singing the meme song… What a jerk! But God didn’t take long to speak to me! He said ‘remember your heart yesterday – that’s My heart for you too! Don’t stop, show them what a giving person is’ so I started my list of thankfuls. That's usually how I get out of my meme moods, I make a list of my thankfuls.  All the things I was thankful for! My list was pretty long! It really changed my heart and then before I knew it, I was listening to the Holy Spirit on more ways to give.

Not being able to do the things I am used to do has made me creative & imaginative and relying on the Holy Spirit to remain giving, because I needed ideas. It’s been fun and joy-filled! And it seems never ending! And it’s also made me super thankful for those that have blessed me!

Today my goal is to finish the baby scrapbook that I started on Sunday, start two smaller scrapbooks for some people, and then maybe start making cards for Christmas, birthdays, and thinking of you! Gonna keep the creativity going! In this down time, not only will I be praying for help (and a humble heart to accept it), I will praise God for all blessings, big and small, I will be praying for more ways to give.

Acts 20:35 In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Comments