Crazy and ridiculous

I was finishing up the ‘sauce’ of the sloppy joes when I found myself thankful and full of joy.  Yes, I got up at 6:30 after going to be late to make dinner (I could have slept in later).  The bible says that Jesus went to a quiet place to pray, and I know that it is important however, my favorite place to pray?  My kitchen (it's my fig tree - John 1:48-50)), because it is the most peaceful place in my house, even when it seems like chaos.  It is a place where I have constant memories, so and so likes this, so and so DOESN'T like that being in my kitchen reminds me of those I love - and then I pray)...  My kitchen is the hub of our house. 

Last week I had the worst migraine, none of ‘my tricks’ were working, and I’ve had migraines since I was about 6 so I usually know what works and what doesn’t.  I had offered to cook lasagna for a couple of my peeps and since Wednesday was the only day I could make it… I didn’t have a choice.  Well, I always have the choice of not doing it, however, that didn’t really seem like a choice.  While in the middle of putting it together, I realized, I no longer had a headache!  Yippee.  Peace.

This morning while making sloppy joes, I was praying for the leaders, and students.  I was praying for them as a group and as individuals, I was praising God for them.  For the gifts and talents they have. I was thinking about how I could make tonight better… didn’t really come up with much, but I was praying.  I began to pray for their lives. 

I know that to some, it might sound completely ridiculous that I love being a mom, I guess more like an Auntie, to these people or that I like to be their friends, and cook for them and pray for them. It might sound crazy that I find peace in serving others through food.  It might sound ridiculous and crazy that I love taking care of others in small and probably insignificant ways…

I know that it all seems small (and maybe insignificant), crazy and ridiculous that my heart finds such peace & joy in these things…  I pray that someday, you know how great it is to find peace & joy in small (and maybe insignificant) things too!  For then, you will have discovered your gifts and talents from a God who loves you so much!



Comments