GO!

The things that get me thinking… a long post on FB about song lyrics. So I wondered, what is one song that gets me everytime?

Now that I have seen, I am responsible… faith without deeds is dead.

Albertine by Brooke Fraser



Nations…

people ask me about heaven they ask me about the scripture, John 14:6 I am the way the truth and the life. No one gets to the Father except through me.

The question they usually ask me, even Christians, if they never heard about Jesus, do they go to heaven? I really don’t know the answer to that. I know that I love and serve a loving God, but I don’t know. But this I do know. We are CALLED to go make disciples of all nations. Maybe I am not called to a certain place, but someone in my life may be, or someone they know. And it’s a avalanche effect. One snow flake decides he wants to go down the hill, he takes his friend and before you know it… a party erupts and the world has never been the same.

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”


I know that I am called to go dig a well in El Salvador, I know that Rosie is called to Haiti, I know Kevin has a heart for missions, Colombia. I also know that I am called to spend time in Africa. But I also know that Detroit is my home. I know that I am called to make a difference, maybe a small difference everyday, but a difference nonetheless. I don’t know the impact of my deeds, but I know that I am to be obedient.

People say things about Detroit that are true. Drugs, corruption. I know. But there is hope. There is Jesus. I don’t believe He left. I don’t believe it. He says SURELY I am with you ALWAYS to the very end of the age. Maybe some started their own avalanche effect, only it was destructive. Clean up takes time, but it can be done.

I know that once I have seen, I AM responsible. That without Christ I am nothing, and with Him, my life is everything. It matters.

I don’t know the answer to the question that is often asked of me, but I do know, I am called, we are all called. Go and make disciples. It is indeed scary sometimes but He is with you.

I'm going, how about you?

Here's the lyrics to Albertine by Brooke Fraser

I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
her mothers voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent
And on a thousandth hill, I think of Albertine
there in her eyes what I don't see with my own
rwanda

now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
now that I have held you in my own arms, I cannot let go till you are

I am on a plane across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
and the dust on, the dust on, the dust on my feet
Rwanda

I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them, Albertine
I will tell them, Albertine

Comments

Jada's Gigi said…
Faith without works is dead. We are all called to be obedient to what is in our hearts....where ever that may lead. Go, my sister...go.
Diane said…
I am finally so comfortable in saying "I don't have the answer other than I know Jesus and He is the answer". Oh how I wish I had come that place in my heart by the time I was your age! You are an amazing woman with an awesome heart for the Lord. Go, just go. He is there and He has it in His hands.

Many hugs..........