Homemade YUMMY Croutons!

I don't know why I've never attempted homemade croutons, because I don't really like the kind purchased in the store...  Today was my first attempt!  and they were good!!  These could make the pickiest of salad eaters eat salad!  I got the recipe from Family Feasts for $75 a week!  One of my favorite cookbooks!  The recipe below is doubled!  Mostly because I could eat a single recipe as a snack!  I used leftover sub buns from Milano Bakery.

8 slices bread, cubed
4 T butter
4 T olive oil (I only had veggie oil so that's what I used)
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1 t garlic powder

Preheat oven 425*

melt butter, mix all ingredients except bread together.

Get a big bowl, toss, bread and butter mixture together

bake 10-15 minutes.  Let cool.  ENJOY!  you can store in an airtight container for 1 month (I have no idea how you could get them to last that long!)

Comments