Love Letters

image from here
I think that if the churches in the area were open 7 days a week, I could go hear TRUTH every day of the week, unfortunately that is just not the case, HOWEVER, there is this awesome thing called technology and we can hear sermons/teachings everyday, at anytime of the day (or night)!


There is Chilly from Real Church, on itunes, Jeremy (and all the awesome peeps on Vimeo and I am sure Itunes too but I catch them on vimeo.  The last couple days I've been listening to Revival Tabernacle on their own website, and as always, I am blown away by God's Word.  I'm blown away weekly by the Pastor's teachings I am blessed to sit under.  


This week I have been reminded of something I always knew, keep the Word of God close to my heart so that I will be close to Him!  I've been unbelievably joyful and happy, grateful and feeling loved.  


I would give you this advice.  If you are feeling far from God or not quite right... Snuggle up with Him, don't just talk, but listen, He's got lots to tell you!  He's written you Love letters!


Going to bible study this Friday, we are studying John 1. It is one of my favorites... going to pull out my concordance tonight (and tomorrow) and do some studying!


John 1:1-14
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.
 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Comments

Becky said…
hi! i must revisit john. there is a question on metro's fb that is waiting attention about john 1:1
Trish said…
Love letters...Jesus wrote them in blood so that we may walk in the light. Love this post...you are wise beyond your years dear Margie.
I love you.