Love

So I’ve got lots of thoughts going on in my head… thought I’d share! I had no idea what to call this post... so love is it!

I’m so overwhelmed with just the THOUGHT of cooking dinner (because I’m excited!) I cannot decide what to make!  LOL!  Stuffed cabbage tomorrow! YEAH!

Not sure where this picture came from, I love it... but it's not mine...
It is important to carve out time for things that are important!  So, for those of you who don’t know… I get my nails done EVERY week, yes, that’s right!  I know that in the grand scheme of things, it might not seem important… but it is to me.  I also go to a RCUnited group that meets in Milano Bakery on Saturday mornings at 11AM, I LOVE MY FRIEND/JESUS time!  This makes my Saturday mornings unavailable (unless within reason) for anything else.  But it’s important to me. 

Friendships are important to me too!  So I carve out time with my friends… I have one friend that our time together is planned for an entire year!  That’s right… A YEAR!  Now, that’s not to say that we know that things will come up (then we try to just pick a different weekend)…but she’s my 5th Saturday friend.  We have dinner on the months that have a 5th Saturday.  It is important to us to carve out that time.  Oct 29th was 5th Sunday but her beautiful grandson was in town, so we celebrated 5th Saturday on the 1st Saturday…  We went to see Footloose (cute!  Just like the original) and then to Six Star in Southgate…  and then she went grocery shopping with me because it’s hard to shop and crutch… I know, I’m a party animal… but whatever.

Here’s a couple lessons God has been teaching me…

I had someone in my life that continued to make me cry.  I mean one day about 2 months ago, I was sobbing.  She just really isn’t that nice to me. I really do love her, but there are times that when your heart is exposed, you’re going to get hurt.  I didn’t know really what to do in the situation… so of course (well not really of course, because I don’t always do what I’m supposed to) I spoke with her, and then I spoke with God.  He reminded me of the times in my life that I was hurt, and how I did lash out at others and how I picked ‘safe’ people.  And by safe, I mean, the kind that love you no matter what.  And so I am not sure if that was really their issue, but God really just reminded me that we are called to love no matter how people hurt us…

I’m also realizing that I always need to have my heart in check.  Sometimes people may say something to us, and we are off offended or hurt, when really people didn’t mean to be offensive or hurtful.  I’ve found myself on both sides of the coin.  I’ve had things said to me that hurt me, and when I said ‘did you mean ___________, because this is what I heard ___________?’ that wasn’t their heart at all.  I think that may be one of the reasons why God tells us that if we have a problem or issue with someone that we need to address it RIGHT away not let it boil over into a big mess.  So I’ve learned, check my own heart because maybe I’ve got some yuck I need to deal with!  And the same goes true, I had text someone the other day, and a week later I said (because I could tell there kind of was an issue) ‘hey, I just wanted you to know… I really meant in a good way what I said’ and the person did think I was being sarcastic… I don’t know what was going on in their heart… but it reminded me that we should always have a pure heart.  One that sees people like Jesus sees them.  Sometimes we’ve got distorted glasses on…

Encourage each other!  It says in 1 Thes 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.  I know that often the thoughts that go around in my head are not nice (especially when thinking of myself) and so when someone throws a kind word, or some encouragement my way, it reminds me that I am loved and valued!  And I don’t know about you, but I need that!  I’ve started making my own postcards and sending them out! Got plenty of postcard stamps out too!

And another thing… this one, was one of the Holy Spirit moments… in the craziness of our lives… have you ever fallen asleep in prayer?  Oh, I have, I actually used prayer as a sleeping ‘pill’ the other day at 3AM when my thoughts overwhelmed me, I turned them to God, and started praying, and I will admit, I don’t know if it was 5 minutes or 50, but I was OUT!  I think that when things are nuts in our lives, I picture us snugglin’ up to God, just like any child snuggles up to a parent, and the anxiety and the stress melt away, and before we know it, we are relaxed and sleeping.  I don’t think it’s always a bad thing to fall asleep praying, I think sometimes that’s the time when God comforts us and loves us just like we need!

That’s it for today… these are my thoughts… not yours! 

LOVEYOU!


This is one of my favorite scriptures!  
John 1:1-18
 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.
 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
 15 (John testified concerning him. He cried out, saying, “This is the one I spoke about when I said, ‘He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’”) 16 Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[b] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.



Comments