Meals and a relaxing weekend!

So I’ve got my meals planned out for the week. This is what it was supposed to be:


Sunday – Spaghetti
Monday – Keilbasa & Scalloped potatoes (from Family Feasts cookbook)
Tuesday – Chicken Pot Pie
Wednesday – Leftovers
Thursday – Lasagne
Friday – LG (so out to dinner)
Saturday – Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas

HOWEVER, we have leftovers from Friday that can be eaten tomorrow… And half a box of Whole Grain Penne Noodles… and so in the interest of not wasting money… This is our new menu (we have all the stuff to make this menu):

Sunday – Spaghetti

Monday – Chicken Tacos
Tuesday – Keilbasa & Scalloped potatoes (from Family Feasts cookbook)
Wednesday – Chicken ALfredo
Thursday – Lasagne
Friday – Leftovers
Saturday – Not sure…

It actually didn’t change too much, just a little rearranging… no point in wasting the tacos, and it actually works out better to have the kielbasa and potatoes on Tuesday… Don’t want to lose sight of the end goal… feed my family good meals, at a good price, and honor God.

And this weekend, now that it is over… was fabulous. I went to church in Lansing, and it was so great… It was a teaching on generosity, and I thought when I walked in it was going to be about giving… but it was not about generously giving, it was about generously living.

I never really thought about it too much… the difference. But it made me think about making the most of every opportunity to serve others. Whether it is a needed meal or something else. Whether soone needs food, or love, or money. Depends on the need but whatever it is, I am sure God will provide.

Comments