Big Plans

Yesterday was my dad’s annual Christmas Party.  It’s always such a great time to see people that I’ve loved my whole life, to hear what’s going on in their lives and for them to catch up with me.

This year something happened that normally doesn’t happen…  about 6 people asked me if there was someone special in my life, and they didn’t mean Jesus.  They meant a boyfriend…  Nope.  Not that I don’t go on dates once in awhile, but no one that really has stolen my heart in a good way.  I know they are a little disappointed.  They want me to have someone fabulous to spend my life with. 

I’ve said before that I spent my life taking care of Phyllis, and that really didn’t leave room for much else.  I NEVER EVER will regret that decision.  She was the light of my life and I was her mom, and I took that very seriously. 

Would I love to have a great man in my life?  OF COURSE!  But I often wonder ‘how would it work?’ He has to love Jesus, he will have to serve Jesus… 

They say this life is just a vapor.  I don’t know, somedays seem so long that they seem like an eternity.  I would love a boyfriend, eventually a husband, but not at the cost of being able to serve God.  God has huge plans for me.  Things written on my heart.  And I know that there is a husband written there too, however, I am not sure when he’s coming into my life, I know though, that when he does, he will be perfect for me, not perfect, but perfect for me.

Until then, I’ll keep doing what I’m doing.  Knowing.  Believing.  In the plans God has for me.

Jer 29:11-13 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart


P.S.  I'm so thankful for the work that God has done in my heart because years past... I would have been crying my eyes out with all those questions about a husband...

Comments