I'm the lucky one!

At the Christmas party


Today I had a date with my two favorite guys (the other one is just too little to go out yet!).  I had big plans to take them to my FABULOUS work party… well, we tried, but it was a little overwhelming for them (I can totally understand – it’s overwhelming for me too, and I’m big) so…  we decided to have dinner at a very fine establishment with great waitstaff… wait for it… ARBY’S!  Phyllis was working and so we headed there for mac&cheese and chicken tenders.  (note:  Judah dipped his nuggets in Yogurt, Ranch, AND Ketchup and said they were good)
Enjoying our fabulous dinner

We even had chocolate milk… and ICE CREAM (they split a shake and ate it with a spoon).  I taught them a new dance, it’s sure to be the latest craze… the chocolate milk dance. 

A couple was there and asked if they were twins, normally I just say ‘yes’ but for some reason I told them the boys story.  He was so sweet, he said ‘they are so lucky you all got them out of there’ (like I really had anything to do with it… I just prayed, their mom&dad did the hard stuff) – my reply is heart felt ‘we are the lucky ones’.

I cannot tell you how much I love those little boys.  I prayed for them so much.  Their little lives were stitched in my heart long before I ever met them.  Their sweet chocolate faces and their eyes the color of onyx melt my heart.  Their laugh makes me laugh.  Their smiles make me smile.  There are many days I just look at their pictures at my desk and think I’m the luckiest Auntie in the world!


Their mom thanked me for taking them today... but as I left with a 'bye Chica' I know that I am the lucky one!

Comments

Goodness:) Brings tears to my eyes! We are the lucky ones for sure!!!