Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Marathons

I was watching the Biggest Loser from last night and it was ‘marathon’ day!  I have to tell you that there are not any words that I can use to tell you how much I want to run a marathon!

It was only two years ago that I couldn’t run a mile.  I could not finish running one mile. I  realize that many people say that. I can say that I have run 10 without stopping, and I have completed a half marathon.  I didn’t run the whole thing, but I completed it. 

I got cleared from my boot yesterday.  First thing the doc said was ‘no running, yet’.

There are many things in my life that I thought I could never do.  I want to run a marathon. Not only do I want to run a marathon, I want to raise money for orphans.  I want my life to count for something. Not anything about me, but I want my life to be about something much bigger than me!

I’m celebrating that I no longer have a boot, but I am also celebrating that I am one step closer to finishing a marathon.


Phil 3:13-14 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Trish said...

And you will do it Miss Margie! You are one determined gal and complete every task that you set your mind to!
I love you!

Netta said...

There's SO many things I'd like to do someday... but I have to be honest... running of ANY kind is NOT on my list! (hee hee!) But... I know you'll be out running soon! (As soon as the Dr. says you can! )