My cup overflows!

My heart seems to be over flowing right now!  I spent some awesome time with my friend, and my 'nieces' Ava and Lana last night.  We had so much fun, and who knew two little girls could love the Cosby Show as much as Phyllis!   We had dinner and made gingerbread houses and they opened their presents (which they loved - Aunt Margie is a good gift-giver).

And I'm blessed enough to have dinner with Amanda and Katie tonight and see the Holiday 'Cirque de Soleil' tonight.

As the Gma in Hope Floats says 'my cup overflows'.

This morning while getting ready... I was reflecting on my childhood, telling stories on Friday night reminded me of what a crazy and awesome childhood I had.  Spending summers on a boat, surrounded by people who loved and cared about me, it was AMAZING!  Thinking back about how they even taught me how to cook over a campfire!  But also how funny it is that I don't camp unless there's shelter, none of that tent stuff for me!   I was even laughing about how I was never really sheltered from crazy bad stuff, so I learned how to deal with it...  One time there was some guy on the loose, Olten Coleman if I remember correctly, and there was a man hunt out for him, and he was in the vicinity of our marina...  Helicopters, police... from an early age, I always learned to be aware of my surroundings.  A lesson I'm thankful for to this day.  Doesn't it sound crazy though that as a pretty young kid I was exposed to that, and am thankful for it!  LOL.  I'm a weirdo!

I have seen and done some amazing things in my lifetime.  Surrounded by people who love me and whisper 'you can do it, I love you' into my heart... then... and now.  I'm so thankful!

Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows

Comments

Pat said…
I've always imagined you have an outstanding upbringing. You are such a natural at everything you put your hand to and an amazing mother. Three cheers for your Dad and those who "showed you the way" to become the great woman you are!
Trish said…
I love you Margie...you have the most giving heart. Merry Christmas to you and your Phyllis.