November Meal Planning Update

So... my goal for the month of November was $150 in groceries.  I must admit... I did go over my goal... by about $100!

I think that my goal of $150 was just a little to aggressive.  Besides feeding us, I fed Alive leaders (I try to cook for 25ish) twice, I cooked 3 or 4 meals for one of my favorite families...  I also purchased some things to feed 40 people at a meeting.  I bought a few items for a housewarming gift in that budget.

I have to say, I don't think that $250 was too bad for most of our meals & the extra meals.

Some accomplishments:
I didn't buy breakfast out once since I started!  (I often stop 2-3 (or 4) times a week)
I set a goal of only eating out lunch once a week (one week I went twice!)
We didn't eat any additional dinners out (meaning some were planned)
I froze a couple things for next month
I didn't make 'special meals' for others.  If I planned something for us, I made extra for Alive meetings or others.  There have been times when I didn't do that, and it's cost me more money.

All in all, I feel pretty good about how I did.  It wasn't perfect, but neither am I, and I feel pretty good about it!  Decembers meals are planned.  My goal for the month is $200 (I think that $150 was too aggressive).
I've got 1 meal for Metro, a housewarming, 2 meals for Alive, 2 meals for RC, and I'm going to try to make a few (2 or 3) meals for one of my fave fams.

I'll take it! And call it a win!

Comments