Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Thursday, December 01, 2011

November Meal Planning Update

So... my goal for the month of November was $150 in groceries.  I must admit... I did go over my goal... by about $100!

I think that my goal of $150 was just a little to aggressive.  Besides feeding us, I fed Alive leaders (I try to cook for 25ish) twice, I cooked 3 or 4 meals for one of my favorite families...  I also purchased some things to feed 40 people at a meeting.  I bought a few items for a housewarming gift in that budget.

I have to say, I don't think that $250 was too bad for most of our meals & the extra meals.

Some accomplishments:
I didn't buy breakfast out once since I started!  (I often stop 2-3 (or 4) times a week)
I set a goal of only eating out lunch once a week (one week I went twice!)
We didn't eat any additional dinners out (meaning some were planned)
I froze a couple things for next month
I didn't make 'special meals' for others.  If I planned something for us, I made extra for Alive meetings or others.  There have been times when I didn't do that, and it's cost me more money.

All in all, I feel pretty good about how I did.  It wasn't perfect, but neither am I, and I feel pretty good about it!  Decembers meals are planned.  My goal for the month is $200 (I think that $150 was too aggressive).
I've got 1 meal for Metro, a housewarming, 2 meals for Alive, 2 meals for RC, and I'm going to try to make a few (2 or 3) meals for one of my fave fams.

I'll take it! And call it a win!

No comments: