Pennywise by Margie


I know a lot of cost savings ideas... I'm no expert.  I won't have a ton of followers on a new website.  I let the people who are experts be experts!  I subscribe to their websites, I use ideas that work for me.  But every so often I realize a trick that was taught to me, and I feel the need to pass on that information...

Today I was swiffering my floors in my room (I told you one project a day while I am on vacation) and today I am rearranging my room.  I was thinking about Aunt Pat.  While we were on our Sisterhood retreat she taught me this very simple yet GENIUS trick about swiffering... now some of you may be ahead of the curve on me with this one...  she uses wash clothes instead of swiffers.  This won't really work with FAT wash clothes but if you've got some old ones (I use as rags) it is PERFECT!

I also use Cabinet & Wood Magic on my floors to keep them nice and shiny!   It's $5.99 for a 17 oz can (at Hood's in Wyandotte but you can get it pretty much anywhere).  I typically don't buy tons of cleaning products (and I am not very loyal to many - whatever is on sale or I have a coupon for), but this one, I LOVE!  I use it on my kitchen cabinets and my wood floors (but BE CAREFUL) it can make them slippery!  If I spray my washcloth it helps to 'attract' the dirt. I think because of it's clean smell :)

So there you go!  No more watching for coupons for swiffer refills, or 'store brand' savings.  Old school rags/wash clothes will save you some dough!  then you can either save it or buy something you really want!

Any sensible family has a budget that lays out how much will be spent for household and other purposes. Without such planning, things would quickly go awry. ~Walter Ulbricht

Comments