Vacation week

A lot of people take a week off and go on vacation.  I love vacations, and I love to travel, however, I love time off that I can spend relaxing and getting my house in order.

Before the holidays came I was a little overwhelmed!

I started to 'decompress' when my tree came down (on Christmas) and I started cleaning my office.  Which, by the way, was the storage place for all the Christmas totes.  As soon as they were out and back where they belong, I cleaned my office, threw out TONS of papers and 'stuff' (and found a bag of school supplies for Little Dresses for Africa).  I rearranged my room and sent the dust bears that were hibernating - packing!

I've rearranged my tupperware cabinet, cleaned, cleaned and cleaned!  Even organized my canning jars :).  in the next couple days I plan on straightening up the scrapbooking stuff, cleaning/organizing the basement more.

I know it might sound crazy, but a clean, organized house relaxes me.  Spending time reading and thinking about the coming year and all it entails with Jesus restores joy to my soul.

““Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28  

OH!  And I've cooked dinner without stress or time constraints!

Comments