Decisions!

I hate making decisions.  Isn't that funny coming from me?  I make decisions at work, at home...  I plan a week ahead for dinner so those days... I don't have to make a decision.

I have to tell you, I NEVER EVER regretted buying Patricia our 2002 Toyota Corolla.  She was really a great car.  Do you know how that came about??  I called two dealerships - a Ford (for a focus) and a Toyota (for a corolla).  I told them both, I want a Dark Blue car, intermittent wipers, cruise control, & a CD player.  I'd prefer a sunroof.   Seriously, that was my criteria.I said whoever gets me the car first is the one I'll buy.  READY SET GO!   30 minutes later, a Corolla. And that's how she came into our lives. I've taken a lot of crap about her 'not being American' - my usual reply - get an education - she's 80% US content (more than you could say about that focus) and Toyota was my customer!  And then I'd throw in a 'you can tell me what kind of car to drive when you make the payment'.  I know not very nice, but I wasn't saved then, however, my answer would still be the same, I'd just be nicer in the way I said it  She was a good car for us.  Not much in repairs (other than the time the oil change place didn't put oil in her, and even then...  I haven't put much $$ in her).

I have been riddled with anxiety until yesterday when I decided that I was/am going to overcome fear in my life, it keeps me from true freedom. This morning was quite a test to that...  but joy won!

So today, I went out confidently (or pretended) to find a new car for our fleet, I walked in knowing what I could afford to spend, knowing what I know (and really I know more than I thought I did) and made lots of decisions (quite a few no's but one YES!) and found (what I think to be) a good, reliable, good rated, vehicle for our family.

She's not named yet, but here are her details:

She was born in 2002 by Ford, he named her Escape, but we will give her a proper name
She has driven 78,000 miles
We are her second owner
She is Hunter Green with Gray UV stable bumpers
She has new tires
And she's clean & quiet

I am thankful that I have so many people in my life that pray for me (even in silly things like this), I am thankful that people who have wisdom about cars have passed some of it along to me.  I am thankful that I know how to figure out a budget and to think about all the things that go into buying a car (the price, insurance, and maintenance & gas).  And I'm thankful to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, and know when to walk away!

So there you go!  I'm exhausted! Good thing dinner is planned and pretty much half cooked!

Comments