I am able...

Ever get caught up in the 'I do' mess?

I do this or I do that for someone.

I can assure you for every 'I do' I've dropped the ball somewhere, and I don't like it when people bring that up.  No ma'am.

I think that just gets us singing the 'meme' song and makes us feel entitled, gives us justification for whatever.  I have been caught singing that song too many times in my own head or out of my mouth.  And when I do, that makes it about me, not about Jesus.  By myself, I am a big mess.  Who would want to follow me?  But following Jesus, now that's something!

What if we changed 'I did' to 'I was able'. I think that would change my attitude because truly, anything I am able to do is a pure gift from God and really had nothing to do with me.  That's much better.  I am so blessed because I am able to do a lot of things, just a few months ago, I couldn't even walk on my own two feet, let alone able to bring someone a meal, or grocery shop, or do the dishes.  But thank God I am able.

I choose Him. I choose His strength.  I choose his love.

He is able.  and in Him, so am I.

Eph 3:20-21  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Comments