Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Saturday, January 07, 2012

Insomnia to Intercession

I've been waking up from 12:30 to 1:30 in the morning.  Nothing really on my mind, just can't sleep.  One night I woke up thought it was 4:30, imagine my surprise (not a good surprise) that it was 12:30ish.  I was NOT happy.

Pastor Chilly had tweeted 'turn your insomnia into intercession' just about the time I woke up.  Hmmmm....  a message from God perhaps?  There was no reason for me to be awake, and for sure no reason for me to stay awake!  I really couldn't sleep so I started praying, I just asked God to put people on my heart to be prayed for, the list was long, but soon, I was sleeping.  I never said Amen, just drifted off to dream land loving a loving God.

I have to say that undistracted time was beautiful, but I like my sleep.  I'm tired and have long days, but it was a beautiful time. 

I hope tonight it's uninterrupted sleep. 

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety

No comments: