Insomnia to Intercession

I've been waking up from 12:30 to 1:30 in the morning.  Nothing really on my mind, just can't sleep.  One night I woke up thought it was 4:30, imagine my surprise (not a good surprise) that it was 12:30ish.  I was NOT happy.

Pastor Chilly had tweeted 'turn your insomnia into intercession' just about the time I woke up.  Hmmmm....  a message from God perhaps?  There was no reason for me to be awake, and for sure no reason for me to stay awake!  I really couldn't sleep so I started praying, I just asked God to put people on my heart to be prayed for, the list was long, but soon, I was sleeping.  I never said Amen, just drifted off to dream land loving a loving God.

I have to say that undistracted time was beautiful, but I like my sleep.  I'm tired and have long days, but it was a beautiful time. 

I hope tonight it's uninterrupted sleep. 

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety

Comments