Love in 2012!

It’s a funny thing when your daughter graduates from high school.  You get a chance to look back on the last 18 years, and you hope that there are a lot of good memories.

It’s the same with a new year.  I look back on the past year and think ‘wow’.

What’s gonna happen for 2012?  I have not sure at all.  I know I’m going to El Salvador. I know that in some capacity I will be serving in Detroit, whatever that looks like. 

Do I have any resolutions?  Oh of course there are many things I’d like to accomplish.  

So here’s a list of things I’d like to accomplish. Whether I make or break these things does not define me, just some goals.

I’d like to complete the 2012 Detroit Marathon and raise $2600 for 4-more.org (more will be coming on this in the future!)

I’d like to read the bible everyday.

I’d like to memorize 52 new scriptures.

I’d like to live love bigger than I did – EVER.

I’d like to lose a few pounds (like 30 AT LEAST) without ever finding them again.

I’d like to paint the doors in my house. 

I’d like to be a better friend.

Help others with meal planning and budgeting

Send more cards

Be more encouraging

Grow closer to Jesus

Be the definition of this:  To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power

1 John 2:5-6

But if anyone obeys his word, love for God[a] is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did. (NIV)

4-6If someone claims, "I know him well!" but doesn't keep his commandments, he's obviously a liar. His life doesn't match his words. But the one who keeps God's word is the person in whom we see God's mature love. This is the only way to be sure we're in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived (msg)

but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked. (ESV)

But he who keeps (treasures) His Word [who bears in mind His precepts, who observes His message in its entirety], truly in him has the love of and for God been perfected (completed, reached maturity). By this we may perceive (know, recognize, and be sure) that we are in Him: 6Whoever says he abides in Him ought [as [a]a personal debt] to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself. (AMP)

Comments