Margie's Money Saver - Green Peppers

photo 2
I think I learned from Mrs. Mac that you could freeze green peppers.  You might already know this wonderful tidbit of information... but it never occurred to me.  But I'd like to share with you this wonderful money saver - thrifty living tip!
photo 1

Often when I cut a green pepper for veggies and dip there are some 'not so attractive' parts.  See photo 1.  or sometimes a green pepper does not get eaten in time so before it goes bad (and sometimes I have to cut out yucky spots) I cut it up and throw it in the freezer. There is always a bag going (see photo 2).

I use it for Messy Margie's (aka sloppy joes), stuffed pepper soup, chili, or whatever calls for green pepper that will be cooked down!

Waste not want not!

FYI - I also keep a bag with the taco meat we can't finish (there is usually only two of us), and there is usually a bag of strawberries or blueberries going as well that we save for smoothies!  OH and don't forget you can freeze bananas skin and all and when you've got some saved up make banana bread!  YUM!

Comments