Moving towards Health - Pressure Cooker

You’ll have to pardon me with all my new talk about going Organic and Gluten Free. I believe in sharing information… What I find out might be helpful to others. My dear friend, Mrs. Mac is a total inspiration to me when it comes to canning and taking care of her family. Honestly I don’t know how she does it!

I ordered a pressure cooker today to get going on canning beans (how great is it that I can do this in the winter instead of waiting till all the harvest comes in the fallish time. I was going to get a Nook Color (which I really wanted!!!) and had the money to get it but instead I bought this SWEET pressure cooker (yes, I know that I could get the ‘old fashioned’ kind for cheaper but let’s not get crazy people!) maybe I will start selling “margie’s organic stuff” eventually if I ever get good at this! LOL (don’t count on it).

I am going to start posting products as I find that we love (and don’t)! I’ve got quite a bit of new things that we are trying. Might as well share the wealth of information, though maybe some peeps will soon tune out, but it’s ok.

Here is a list of things that we have switched over:
Yogurt – I buy Kroger brand organic vanilla yogurt, Phyllis adds her own fruit. No more buying those little convenient full of poison (aspartame) yogurts. BTW, I know that aspartame is NOT a poison, but it’s not good for you!! And I don’t mean to be radical, but if you know me, you know I hate that stuff!
Milk – we buy Organic 2% milk in the half gallon from Kroger
Pamela’s Chocolate Cake (this came from a recommendation of my friend Amanda)– is SUPER yummy! (we are trying the brownie mix soon!)
Let me remind you, I am NO expert, I don’t claim that I will ever be! I am just trying to do what is best for our family! And I also know that I am not the first to go through this and I will be happy to accept wisdom that others have!
Proverbs 31:15-17
15 She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

Comments

Felisol said…
Love the way you are acting out your plans and theories.
I don't like artificial sweetener either.
We buy yoghurt natural.Plane and well tasting.