Not Afraid...

1 john 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.


Does fear snag you? It gets me EVERY time.

I could have a list a mile long about the things I could be afraid of. And sometimes I just have to shout “I WILL NOT BE AFRAID”.

My foot has been hurting. Usually if I am in my heels too long. So I am trying to limit wearing them, and DON’T post something crazy like I should give up my heels, that would just be silly. I ahven’t registered for the marathon yet, however, I am going to do it but I am a little fearful. UGH! :/ I hate that.

I was also fearful about the post I wrote yesterday. I thought before I wrote it that people are going to think I’ve gone off the deep end. And then I thought ‘oh, they probably already think that’ so I posted it anyway.  Sometimes I am even afraid to ask people to come to church with me, so dumb!

I’ve lived my life choosing the following: not following God, half following God, and following God the best I can (I am not, afterall, perfect). And following His ways and listening to His direction and being obedient is truly the way to go. I’ve heard it said so many times ‘Either He is the Lord of all your life, or none of it’.

I am not saying I am perfect because I am NOT! But I strive to be more like Him everyday.

But that stupid fear thing, gets me. I paralyzes me. And even though some may say that it is not a true commandment. I have heard that in Hebrew fear is another word for idol. And it does call out in the bible not having any other Gods (idols). What am I afraid of? What could ever happen to me that God couldn’t rescue me out of? And besides, if you read Job, I’m not him (praise the Lord!) and I do believe that God will never leave me nor forsake me.

I am going to keep walking in His light, and when darkness overshadows me, I will remember that a shadow is not real. And you can’t have a shadow without light.

And JESUS OVERCAME DARKNESS! (John 1:5)

And today… I was reading at a school (public) about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr and it talked about his gravestone… And I was actually a little fearful about telling the class about the scripture, but he was a Pastor, and a peace came over me to recite the scripture... do you know what it says? ( I quoted John 8:36 to the class!!!) 


I will keep walking. Keep living. Keep loving. IN HIM. There is nothing to be afraid of.

John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Comments

Mrs. Mac said…
You need a good pair of Dansko or Born nurses clogs. You'd be dynamite on two legs .. not that you aren't now .. but .. just saying .. heels are terrible on your feet, legs & last week I heard they are bad for your heart?? Sorry .. I know you said not to mention not wearing heels .. but .. do you want to be on the move when you're older? Save the heels for weddings. There .. that's my two cents .. and we all know how you took advice about your broken foot LOL.