Passion



Passion is a gritty kind of love, tough and

optimistic enthusiasm that overcomes negativity and inconvenience to make it

through to the end. (10,000 Reasons Overflow)


Tuesday, January 03, 2012

oh boy... here we go!

I am an all or nothing kind of girl.  which makes it tough to take things slow.  


A few months ago, i set out a plan on daily living.  really living.


One does not become overweight over night.  And one does not get back into shape overnight.


I got the clearance to run the marathon.  I have to take it slow.  LISTEN to my body.  I am always inspired by Biggest Loser.  While some eat ice cream while it's on, I did crunches (100) and push ups (50) and lots of stretching.  


I announced on facebook that I would be doing the marathon.  I will.  But I've got to have a plan.


So here is my life plan.  I'm also tracking it on my calendar so I see the stickers of what has been accomplished.


I'm a little nervous.  But nothing (that's right - nothing) is impossible with God.


2012 is about healing.


Mind 
Body
Heart


That means I have to work on all those to be the woman that God intends for me to be.


I like to think of it as living life in 3D.

Diet 
Devotional
Discipline 

It is such a great way to think about it! For some people losing weight may be a diet, a quick fix to lose weight, but to me, it’s about what you eat, the good and the bad (and sometimes the ugly!).

Merriam Webster says Diet can be defined as:

a : food and drink regularly provided or consumedb : habitual nourishmentc : the kind and amount of food prescribed for a person or animal for a special reasond : a regimen of eating and drinking sparingly so as to reduce one's weight 
2: something provided or experienced repeatedly

I wrote out my own Real Life Plan:
Diet:
Stay within my WW points (32 + 47 extra)
Drink 96 ounces of water (minimum) – that’s ¾ gallon
Eat 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies (must be 0 point per WW guidelines)
Eat whole grains instead of ‘white’ carbs
Don’t overstuff myself – hey… what’s wrong with leftovers?
Eat in-between meals – but it must be a fruit or a veggie + protein

I am not going to limit myself with “don’t’s” as long as it is within my points.

Devotion:
Read my bible everyday
– I am in a study with friends with daily reading of the Chronological Bible on Youversion
– Memorize one scripture a week
– Dieter’s Prayer Book Devotional
– Live Loved/My Utmost for His Highest Devotional
– Journal/Blog
– Live Phil 3:13-14 EVERYDAY!


Discipline:
100 sit-ups everyday
Get 6-7 hours of sleep a night
Walk (soon run)/Go to gym 4 days a week
Read a God honoring book a month
More reading
I will be reporting out the good, the bad, and the ugly on how I am doing!


And by the way... I can't wait to get my shiny cape at the end!! I hope to see you there!!

1 comment:

Becky said...

i LIKE it!