Small Choices

So I am reading today Gen 19 I get to verse 20


"Look, here is a town near enough to run to, and it is small. Let me flee to it—it is very small, isn't it? Then my life will be spared."


That town was small, and Lot wanted to flee to it to have his life spared.  


Do you ever think of your sin as small?  Like someone else is doing something much worse?  Last time I checked there isn't a rating system.  And a lot of times it isn't big things that get us.  it's eating a few little extra pieces of chocolate  or deciding not to exercise, it's only one day right?  


WRONG!


little things do add up.  Just like losing 1 pound leads to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to... you get the picture.  It can go in the opposite direction.


Today I went to the Auto Show, Supplier preview days.  I could have easily hit up one of my favorite places, oh, it's just one time.  Except that while I was changing my clothes, I was HATING everything I put on.  Making poor choices, no matter how small they are takes us from where we want to be, or who we want to be like (insert Jesus here).


Tomorrow some of my friends and I are gathering for dinner and bible study, and it was supposed to be cake because it was my birthday.  You wouldn't think it would be a big deal, but I didn't want cake.  I wanted fruit, because cake just isn't a good choice. And I think most of us in our group are trying to better our eating habits. What is the point of having cake if no one eats it??  So I asked for fruit, because, this small choice is important to me (I want my friends to be healthy too!)


This Sunday we are celebrating Phyllis's birthday.  Lasagne and Cake.  Oh boy.  I will have a really nice salad (I make awesome salad with lots of veggies!), homemade dressing (so we know what's in it), cut up fruit.  I might even have chicken, just so it's a better choice for me to eat.


And you want to know a funny new thing I've decided to do because my friend Lindsay inspired me...  After I go to the bathroom, I do 10 squats.  Minimum of 60 a day (which isn't hard, I usually round out about 100 a day EASY!) and my friend Vicki is going to show me some quick exercises too!

Comments